WELLNESS IS CONTAGIOUS!
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. Even old stress and trauma can lodge in our tissues affecting how we feel, move, perceive, and interact with the world around us. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than stress. Bodywork, including Polarity therapy and massage, offer effective tools for managing this stress through:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Release of old tensions and energies held in the tissues.
- More flexibility/ resilience/ stability in the tissues and nervous system.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
- Greater body awareness.
- Strategies for balancing energies and managing stresses.
- Improved immune system
Massage and other types of bodywork can also help specifically address a number of wellness related issues. Bodywork can:
- Alleviate pain and improve range of motion.
- Support the release of held energy resulting from trauma.
- Improve body awareness and the support body-mind-spirit connection.
- Ease medication dependence and support addiction recovery.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body's natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Improve the condition of the body's largest organ—the skin.
- Supports/ improves healthy digestion.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body's natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
Support your over-all Wellness by working through the body.